Sunday, October 10, 2010

teslamotors.com

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles


I was reading about Tesla motors having to recall some cars because of a loose wire near their battery. As I studied more about the Tesla, it was obvious to me that I was looking directly at the future of electric cars in the making. Especially, when I realized that there are no gears and reverse just makes the super advanced electric motor just spin in reverse. At top speed the engine is moving at 14,000 revolutions per minute and it can go from zero to 60 in 3.7 seconds which is pretty fast and can go 245 miles without a recharge and plug into almost any standard outlet on earth to recharge. All this amazing technology is beginning to change everything we now know about automobiles.

I think my only real concern is human exposure to electrical coronas at this voltage. However, with lead shielding like one uses in a dentist's office during x-ray  this problem could be solved as well over time.

Also, I don't think electrical coronas likely could cause cancer or blood cancer until driving an electric car for 10 to 20 to 30 years or more. So, shielding the passengers might make all hybrids and full electric cars like the Tesla, the perfect vehicles to own right on into the future.

No comments: