Monday, October 18, 2010

Hereafter

Since the movie hasn't been released yet I'm very much looking forward to it because it is directed by Clint Eastwood who almost always directs really amazing movies.

In this movie (I have seen previews) Matt Damon is a psychic, and intuitive, a clairvoyant. Whatever you want to call him he talks with the dead. This movie interests me because this is my experience too, all the time. However, unlike the Matt Damon character, I have been relatively private except for my online books and blogs the last 10 years.

I think this story, (especially now) is an important one to tell. Growing up as someone like this one tends to feel very alone (especially in a Western culture) because this is less accepted than in many other cultures. So, like I said I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.

I used to watch "Medium" a lot on TV for several years but it got too scary for me. I find it helps my subconsicous stay calmer if it isn't exposed to too much crazy insane stuff. Because even though a lot of this stuff happens in reality, why deal with it if it is only entertainment. It's bad enough when you have to deal with heavy stuff in reality.

So I follow the motto I was taught which is: "What you put your attention on you become".  People who are intuitive and don't understand this concept often eventually lose their sanity because thoughts and emotions are just as real (and sometimes moreso) than physical reality. Pretending this isn't so ends many lives and makes many lose their sanity.

Though life can be humorous there are basic rules if you want to survive in a body here on Earth as a soul, just like there are rules if you want to survive driving any vehicle on a crowded freeway in L.A. or San Diego, California.

No comments: