Thursday, July 7, 2011

What is an Adult?

Becoming Adult

Was Casey Anthony an "Adult?" I Wish Someone Would Have Asked 

Casey Anthony Is Normal, That's the Problem

When I was growing up I was more of an adult than many 15 to 20 somethings that I meet these days when I was only 4 to 6 years old. I think more was expected of us then. We were expected to treat everyone right or be beaten within an inch of our lives. This made us much more real than most kids today. Though many call this abuse I would call the way we were raised as "natural consequences". By not giving children natural consequences to all their actions from birth on, they never grow up and never actually become responsible. This is something for society to think about because there are now millions of Casey Anthonys out there now all over the western world.

As a 4 year old in my Dad's world (early 1920s) it was expected to be proficient with a gun by 4 to 6 years old. You were expected not to shoot your siblings, parents or other children or adults or pets even when that young. Most 15 to 20 year old these days I wouldn't trust with a gun but in the 1920s guns were given to children as young as 4 years old still which was a tradition of hundreds of years here in the U.S. I think it is how children are treated like toys or pets instead of "little adults" like was the actual way people were raised for thousands of years. So then you wind up with children at age 20 who cannot be trusted with anything instead of adults who can be trusted with human lives including their own.

No comments: