Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fresh Ground Orange Juice

In the process of being on a raw organic vegan vegetable and juice fast a few weeks ago when I lost 30 pounds in 7 days I find my tastes have changed a lot now that I am juicing one to two organic vegan vegetable and fruit juices as meals during the day. So, sometimes I eat a breakfast and sometimes I eat a dinner but usually I don't eat both things in a regular way each day. For me, I prefer dinner so I feel full all night long this way and don't get hungry at about 1 am or so during the night.

So, today I was painting some more of my house which is one of my projects this summer to accomplish. I started from the back and am working forwards towards the front of the house that is visible from the street so my wife and I can hire someone more professional to do the most visible parts of our house.

Anyway, I had finished painting the section I was working on this afternoon and decided I wanted some fresh orange juice. However, I find I really have developed a taste for Organic oranges and lemons with their skin on still run through my Breville Stainless steel juicer. So, I juiced three oranges this way and realized this is not fresh squeezed orange juice but it might be called Fresh Ground Orange juice with the peels ground in also for zest.

So, if you have a juicer strong enough to do this you simply wash the oranges and lightly drop them into the grinding hole on top of your juicer. Then I very slowly start lowering the plunger so I get every drop and the whole orange doesn't just explode suddenly into the pulp container in an instant. What I got was sort of a milky orange white stuff that is bittersweet like if you start eating an orange whole including the peel which some people like. Like I said you really have to be a Citrus fan like me to enjoy something this tangy. But some of us really like this.

Also, I am finding that as long as I replace one or two regular meals a day with vegetable and fruit juices I continue to lose weight every day while feeling incredibly healthy. So, I'm sort of slowly working up to do three meals of organic vegan vegetable and fruit juices juiced on the spot and consumed right then once again each day. I'm thinking I can easily do another 7 days like this as long as something pressing doesn't come up in my life where I really need to be very  mentally focused for one reason or another. Though one can easily lose weight on this diet while feeling incredibly healthy at the same time it is important to consider that if you are over 50 (I'm 64) that doing this while you don't need to be making a lot of important decisions might be useful in both the short and long term.

No comments: