Thursday, July 26, 2012

nuts

I was talking with my son who is a nurse and he was telling me that it is important not to eat too many nuts. For example, I had eaten a whole lot of celery stalks the previous night filled with peanut butter in the grooves. Normally I would buy on my own organic peanut butter with just peanuts and salt and that's all that needs to be refrigerated to stay fresh. But my wife doesn't like the oil that is on top in that kind of form of peanut butter so she bought a bunch of other peanut butter that is smooth with Palm Oil added. Also, my son was saying that Palm Oil is hard to digest as well for a body. Also, it is better if your product is not hydrogenated for your health.

So, after eating a whole lot of peanut butter on the celery stalks I had terrible pains in my kidneys and liver after that and eventually just went to bed because of the pain.

So, when I talked to my son he said that it is important not to eat too many of any nuts at one time because it is very hard on your liver and kidneys when you do. Nuts should only be eaten in small amounts because even though they are a good source of protein they are also hard for your body to process. And the more you eat of nuts or any kind of nut butter (at one sitting) the more problems you will likely have even though they are a good source of protein in small amounts.

No comments: