Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Soyrizo

If you like Chorizo but want to have it meatless because you are vegetarian or just want less fat from meat in it there is another choice called "Soyrizo"  which is a meatless Soy chorizo. I discovered this recently because I love Chorizo with Scrambled eggs. So, I found the brand name Soyrizo which I really like and you might too. Also, Soyrizo is Vegan.

In about March I believe I discovered Portland Ketchup made by Portlandia foods at McMinnamins restaurant in McMinnville, Oregon and also in Portland, Oregon.  So if you want a really great tasting vegan ketchup you can order a case at:
www. portlandiafoods.com    if you are interested. My son and I have already ordered two cases of it and have already gone through a case of the stuff since April. It is like eating vine ripened tomatoes with nothing but naturally gluten free, organic ingredients and it is completely vegan.

When I ordered a vegeburger in McMinnville in March I noticed that it came with Tater Tots (sort of like hash brown potatoes in little thumb sized tots) that are finger food that can be dipped in ketchup (or whatever you wish). My son and I and wife and daughters all loved the flavor of this very fresh and alive tasting ketchup. So when we came home to the California coast we ordered our first case of it from Oregon.

Note: Though Textured Soy protein in all forms is a good replacement for meat it also can be constipating if you eat too much of it at one time so it is good to make sure you are eating apples or something else like Metamucil if you are going to eat very much soy protein. Soy protein has a similar effect to eating cheese in regard to staying regular so be careful if you aren't used to eating it.

No comments: