Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Question

8th day of organic raw vegan juice fast- or should I say the first of a new fast.

The question is: "Should I want to go back to being in pain all the time and eating anything I want or should I want to stay not in pain and feeling like I'm about 15 to 25 again?"

Basically, there is no contest, I want to continue to feel like I'm 15 to 25 again like I do now. However, the only problem is that if I subconsciously (like I did today) actually believe at some level that I actually still am 15 to 25 I might hurt myself (like I also did today). It was something really simple. I had just unloaded my dogs out of the my pickup truck bed from a walk in the forest nearby where I live. And I thought, "Instead of pulling out the bed step from out from under the bumper of my Toyota Tundra why don't I just back off the gate like I used to? The only problem with this was that where I thought the ground was was about 1 foot lower than it was. So, I landed wrong on the ground and knew I had likely injured my back. But, since I'm a very intuitive and practical person I just went inside and got my bathing suit on and hopped into my hot Tub Spa and turned the temperature up from 98 degrees Fahrenheit where I usually keep it and ran it up to 100 degrees to heal my back and back muscles. Then I opened up the most powerful jet in the hot tub to full force and went over my back many many times with the most powerful jet until I was satisfied that I had done all I could to prevent my back injury really becoming a problem. As I sit her writing this I can still feel it in my back but as long as I am careful the next few days I think I'm going to be just fine.

But without the 1 hour working on my back in the hot tub I would not be fine or I would not be going to be fine. It would be bad. But, I'm going to be okay and I know this because that is how I am.

So, basically yesterday (the 7th day) I had a dream which kind of scared me into eating two pieces of toast with cheese to get more grounded in the morning. And then I decided that since my son is a really great cook and my favorite dish of his is his Enchiladas that I was going to have some of these for 4th of July evening dinner along with family and friends and so I did. Also, I coveted 1 or 2 more but had to give way to my wife who had them both tonight for dinner.  So, in some ways I'm trying to get back into my diet again and today ate only a breakfast drink of pineapple, carrots, apples and then later today I had a 16 ounce drink or more of carrots, apples, kale, celery, 1 whole lemon. And then later I decided to have leftover guacamole (Avocado mashed with spices and sometimes tomatoes and other stuff) by dipping celery stalks into it. This was really good.

What I noticed the most about today was that I felt more integrated like on some sort of new plateau concerning both my life and my diet. I felt really good about the 30 pounds I had lost and how great I felt about this. There is nothing like saying to family and friends (and having it be true), "Hey. I just lost 30 pounds this past week" (when I haven't been able to for the last 20 years or so). So, obviously, to find a diet that actually works for me is a literal "Life Saver".

to learn more about this diet that actually works for me and thousands and more others either go to Youtube and watch the videos there on the "Fat, Sick and nearly Dead" diet or you can read of what my experience has been the last now 8 days at the articles with word buttons below:



No comments: