Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Raw organic Vegan juicing recipes

The first two are from Joe Cross and the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" diet

Joe Cross starting juice (a wake up drink)
pineapple
strawberry
spearmint
pear (or apple)

The Mean Green Juice
4 stalks of celery
1 cucumber
1 thumb size ginger
1/2 lemon including peel
2 apples
6 leaves of kale

The following two drinks are my son's successful drinks

1/2 beet
1 whole lemon including peel
1 slice of pineapple
1 large handful of spinach
3 leaves of kale
5 carrots
2 apples
1 small handful of mint

Green Drink
6 leaves of kale
6 carrots
1 small handful of mint
3 apples

Fred's variation drink

small handful of mint
4 celery stalks
thimble sized piece of ginger
2 apples
3 carrots
6 kale leaves

The more recipes that you actually enjoy drinking the longer you will be able to keep on this diet. This is my 7th day (4th of July) and I went off a little for the 4th with two pieces of sour dough toast with butter and cheese but I'm back on now after that little diversion. However, up until now I made with only organic juice and the occasional avocado, mango, blueberries, papayas etc, in the fruit realm. I find it is good to have at least something relatively solid like fruit going through your intestines during this kind of fast. But by juicing you are giving your stomach a rest because it doesn't have to work very hard digesting vegetable and fruit juices. Also, if someone didn't have any teeth they could drink an organic raw vegan juice diet for life if they had to for some reason and stay alive and healthy as long as they could afford or grow the veggies and fruits themselves and afford to buy a juicer and had access to electricity anywhere on earth.

also, if you want to know more about this diet here is one article that will key you into the rest through word buttons there:


Note added:  August 19th 2013.
The trick seems to be with this diet is to not get too much fructose (fruit sugar) in relation to the vegetable juices. Though the vegetable juices are less tasty than the fruits they are what are mostly sustaining you in this diet. So, if you get the fruit level (fructose) to high in relation to the overall diet it will tend to space you out more and affect your decisions more. So, keeping all this in mind is important to get a good result with your diet. It is literally a vegetable and fruit juice fast and literally everything toxic will come out in your urine and feces from the last 10 or 20 years (or since you last did something like this). I personally found exercise to be really important on this diet both for burning fat and also for peace of mind and a better sense of well being. Sometimes when I was on long hikes during this diet I could literally feel belly fat burning off me. I lost 30 pounds the first week but I am 6 foot 5 inches tall so I often lost almost this much weight (20 to 25 pounds)  in my 20s and 30s when I did a 25 mile hike or more on a weekend then.

No comments: