This is a photo of Mt. Hood in Oregon from Trillium Lake nearby. About 10 years ago we camped here while on our way to Canada when our two daughters were still under 12 years of age. It is a very beautiful lake and as you can see with a very beautiful view of Mt. Hood. You can also see up on the glaciers where I was skiing up high where the snow still is on Mt. Hood. This snow (on the glacier) stays year around and never completely melts off to make Mt. Hood a year around skiing facility with Palmer lift all the way up onto the glacier where I was skiing a few days ago now with my older daughter who is now 23.
The only other place I have seen where skiing might be year around some years is Mammoth Mountain in California and the top lift there goes up to about 11,000 feet there in California. Though I found it a little hard to breathe at that altitude my wife and daughter and a friend of my wife's and I all rode the gondolas and lifts up to 11,000 feet a few years ago there
Here is the view somewhat in the direction of Trillium Lake from the top of the Palmer lift above Timberline Lodge at around 8000 feet elevation plus.
The View from Palmer Lift
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it

No comments:
Post a Comment