Monday, July 9, 2012

Designing a diet for your needs

A friend of mine is visiting from Mt. Shasta and so he was telling me about a mutual friend who has had more than one heart attacks but doesn't want to retire who is also in his 60s like us. The friend is a Master Carpenter and so he has to try to stay physically fit enough to continue to do his trade into his 70s or beyond. So, I found out he is also doing the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" diet whenever he isn't working and he can be more quiet in his house. This way he can be fit and strong while doing Master Carpenter Jobs in the western States and Hawaii. So, as I was thinking about this effective strategy I was thinking about my own diet and possibly yours.

So, my latest plan is to do the raw Organic vegan juicing diet whenever I can and it is practical and convenient to the rest of my life(in other words whenever I don't have to travel on business or pleasure or both). Since my wife and I have to travel a lot to southern California regarding our businesses I just won't be on this diet when I travel unless I'm there a week or more and it is convenient and it works for me.

So, I was thinking about the rest of your lives on this diet and what I came up with to stay at your physical peak throughout your lives would be to do this diet on weekends from your school or work and then during the week you could, for example, do a protein drink in the morning which will keep someone from going into a low blood sugar cascade during the day, and then for a second meal one would drink a Mean green drink or other drink. Here is a blog I did on good recipes:

Raw organic Vegan juicing recipes

However, the staple juices are all vegetable based. Whereas if you are just drinking fruit juices it is okay for most people to wake up to this and it is nice. But, for most of us we need vegetable juice to replace proteins in our diets to lose weight or to maintain weight. The micronutrients in vegetable juice and combined with fruit juices create a form of balance within the body which allows detoxification and when one is only doing vegetable and juice fasts all sorts of lead, mercury and other toxins will eliminate from your body that may have built up there for 20 or more years. However, remember if you are doing this 24 hours a day for more than a day likely you will be a little lightheaded so be careful of your coordination while driving and things like that. However, don't be surprised after 2 to 4 days of juice fasting or longer if you suddenly start feeling like you are physically 15 to 25 years of age again. That part I really like and it is one reason why one or more meals a day for me likely from here on will be organic raw vegetable juices that I make on the spot in my kitchen with a Breville Juicer that is mostly stainless steel. And this  will help maintain this wonderful physical state of feeling young again without most of my aches and pains of being 64 in actuality. Also, it is a really good and extremely healthy way to lose weight.

Also, if you are over 40 or 50 with some sort of health condition you might want to consult your doctor to see what he thinks about your going on this sort of diet full time. But likely you could do at least one meal a day of this diet with no ill effects but which meal you choose might be important to your metabolism. Also, if you are over 40 or 50 you might want to get a blood test every 7 to 10 days if you are going to be on this diet ongoing longer than 7 days without any solid food. This way your doctor can check on your progress as you lose weight. I'm 6 foot 4 3/4 inches tall and so I lost 30 pounds the first week of this diet. However, if you are not as tall as me you likely wouldn't lose this much but you might lose 10% of your body weight the first week if you are a man. If you are a woman you likely could lose about a pound a day if you are lucky on this diet. But it is still the most healthy and effective diet for weight loss and health for both sexes that I know of.

No comments: