Saturday, August 11, 2012

Paul Ryan: Not the Safe choice

I deleted what I wrote before because it was just my first reaction. I thought it might be more helpful to my readers to be a little more objective. Here are some quotes from CNN:

Paul Ryan Pluses:
He will energize the GOP base
An energetic debater and Campaigner
Would add youthful vigor to the race (he is 42)

Paul Ryan Minuses:
Never ran statewide
No foreign policy experience
Questions about whether he is ready to be President

end quotes from CNN TV Wolf Blitzer's Situation room Saturday today.

In other words, he is uncannily similar in these respects to Sarah Palin, with the notable exception that she did win statewide as a Governor.

I still believe as an intuitive that somehow the Republican party has given up on Romney winning by this choice and is instead concentrating on who will be running for President in 2016. Republicans have chosen Paul Ryan as their 2016 candidate today.

The reason I think this is because Independents won't be able to vote for Romney now that Paul Ryan is on the ticket because he is just too right wing "Tea Party" to get many independent votes. Because of this I believe they just gave Obama the White House for a second term. However, like Sarah Palin Paul Ryan is a very dedicated and likeable fellow somewhat like Sarah Palin was likeable as long as you don't look to closely at the policies he recommends.

No comments: