Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Non-Partisan?

For people who have enough money in their lives it might not matter worldwide to them who is elected the next President of the United States. Even in my life whoever gets elected is most likely neutral in actual outcome regarding financial things.

However, it is difficult for me to be non-partisan when I think of all the people in the U.S. and worldwide who do not have enough. If I only think of my own needs and the needs of my immediate family I might say, "Well. It really doesn't matter who I vote for."

But, whenever I think of the 50 million people on Food stamps and growing in the U.S. and I realize almost half of the population in the U.S. is on some kind of Federal Aid this becomes an entirely different thing. Then, most people realize that re-electing Obama is the only way to assure the middle class on down that they won't just be pushed off a cliff into death like they often were during the Great Depression. And since this trickle down effect also affects people's lives worldwide this is something to think about for all of us.

I think to better understand what I'm talking about watch the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" with Henry Fonda in the context of today's drought and "How long will this Drought in Texas, Oklahoma and throughout the mid west last? How many months or years will the Mississippi River be closed to grain barges? I don't know the answer to this but I'm very concerned we are about to find out. 

Also, it is not just the Mississippi River that may go dry this fall it is also the Colorado River and others as well.

Because even though many of the richest of the rich want Romney to be President do we really want that considering all the deaths of people all around the world that that might directly cause from starvation as well as all the deaths that this could also indirectly cause. This is why I find it very hard to be non-partisan.

Besides, when people are really scared like now they usually re-elect their president to a second term like they did Bush in 2004 and Clinton in 1996. So, there is precedent for this kind of thing.

No comments: