Friday, August 31, 2012

The Buck who Broke Concrete

I was coming back with my dogs in my 4WD truck after walking with them in the woods nearby when I saw some pieces of concrete chipped out of my driveway. I thought to myself, "Who would do that?" So then I looked more closely and was amazed that it was a deer hoof that broke the concrete. Here we have proof of just how lethal a deer or buck hoof can actually be where it chipped the concrete right out of my driveway. 

I then walked over to my daughter's boyfriend who is painting the front of my house and told him about it and both of us were sort of amazed. But, as I looked towards the street there was the buck  that did it walking by from left to right. He reminded me of the Father Deer Buck in "Bambi"  because he walked like he was King of the Forest and nobody better mess with him. And I thought, "Why would he get mad in my driveway?" and then I realized it was the beginning of rutting season when bucks fight for the hand of their lady loves throughout the U.S. where deer live. It's Pretty Amazing to see what a strong buck can do to a cement driveway!

No comments: