Monday, August 13, 2012

Time Awareness

My son has been talking about something that I find very interesting. Though I tend to see myself as an intuitive genius my son actually functions more like an intellectual genius with an IQ of 150. Since the average person is between 75 and about 110 IQ, when you speak with someone who actually has all their brains cells firing at an optimum then you really have something. I only knew one person that had an IQ of 200 and that person had been District Attorney of Santa Cruz County in California, had become a Jesuit Priest after that, and spoke and wrote 20 languages or more, led tours of spiritual people all over the world and eventually started his own church without getting defrocked and stayed in good stead with the Catholic Church. So, he really was an exceptional man in a variety of way including being as much of an Intuitive genius as I was along with his intellectual genius.

However, my son has been going through what I call "Slamming against the wall" which is what often happens to people when a marriage or serious relationship ends at some point.

In this process he was talking to me about Time Travel and said, "That isn't a useful way to think about it. A better way would be called "Time Awareness" because time travel is sort of like trying to catch a single drop of rain when it might be more effective to be aware of the rain and to just experience it. It is possible to experience right now, the past, present and future all at once but the really important thing is to be able to be in the present because most people are somewhere not in the present and that is why they fail in life. If more people were right now here in the present, more people's lives would actually be worth living."

I was thinking about this and I realized he was right. Then he was telling me that most people just were not going to get what he was talking about unless they were asking the same questions in their lives or had at one time asked these same questions.

So, for example, one of the reasons I write about Time travel is because it makes more sense than most things in life. The way I write about Time Travel actually makes more sense than what most people talk about every day. But my son is right what is more important than telling the truth about time travel is actually having what he is calling, "Time Awareness" because the past, the present and the future is constantly changing all the time. So, the only moment we actually have any real control of at all in any of our lives is right now. NOW is the most powerful thing that anyone can do!

No comments: