Thursday, April 27, 2017

Growing up always gifted

When I was little I thought everyone could do what I did and what I did was normal. But, to my horror by age 5 I realized I was very unusual in my abilities. My mother and Grandmother were also gifted a lot like me and told me not to talk to people about it. My father was gifted too but he wouldn't talk about it at all with me because of his cultural upbringing.

My mother and Grandmother were Scottish and this is more normal in their culture because of the whole Merlin, King Arthur stuff mixed with Mystical Christianity for 1500 years or so. So, being able to know and do things was just expected in Scottish culture more than some others. So, I listened to my mother and grandmother and chose not to speak about these things to people outside of my family growing up.

But, I always knew what people were thinking. But, it mostly confused me as a child. I realized there were two worlds. One world "Which I called the real world" was what people actually thought.

And then there was the "Polite World" where people never said what they actually thought to others.

But, I found this very confusing because I didn't understand fully why people never said entirely what they really thought until I was about 12 to 15 when I realized if everyone said what they really thought likely people would all kill each other or beat each other up all the time.

So, this also helps me understand political correctness too.

But, if there is no truth can the people survive?

Politeness is one thing but what about when politeness interferes with human survival?

Politeness in extreme form first leads to insanity and next it leads to death.

So, a little politeness goes a long way but a lot just makes people crazy and insane in the end and everyone is going to die from that kind of craziness.

No comments: