Because if North Korea gets too strong of nuclear weapons it makes China look weak that they cannot stop this.
It makes China look like a paper tiger.
The U.S. is not a paper tiger with Trump in office. If he promises to do something often he does it!
But, if China is perceived as a paper tiger around North Korea then China's world stature as a nation is threatened.
So, following this logic North Korea threatens China's stability more than the U.S. or Japan or South Korea.
For China though there is no GOOD solution. If they counter Kim jong Un then what happens to north korea? Does north Korea become a part of China with South Korea on it's border?
This likely would be unacceptable for China to have a democracy and a relatively effective democracy on it's border directly.
So, there likely is no good solution for China. But, if China does nothing China will only look weak and vulnerable in the eyes of the whole world.
So, from this point of view North Korea becomes China's biggest enemy on earth at this point in history.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Sunday September 24th 2017: most read articles of the last 24 hours here at this site
- On the first timeline: You and I are presently on the 2nd which began Sept. 11th 2001
- Considering two people died in ICU in a hospital in Puerto Rico this week when they ran out of diesel:
- Short on staff: Nursing crisis strains U.S. hospitals
- Programming languages are a shorthand so programmers don't have to program in Machine language