Winter Storm Warning in North Central California
Active for next 1 day ·
This alert has been updated.
Posted 9 hours agoWINTER Storm Warning REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT SATURDAY...
- Timing: Through Saturday.
- MAIN IMPACT: Heavy snow will create mountain travel delays and chain controls, and may result in road closures.
- Locations: Interstate 80 over Donner Pass, Highway 50 over Echo Summit, Highway 88 over Carson Pass and Lassen Volcanic National Park.
- Snow accumulations: 6 to 12 inches of snow expected above 4000 feet with 2 to 3 feet of snow expected above 6000 feet.
- Other impacts: High wind gusts up to 50 mph will create periods of white out conditions with low visibility in heavy snowfall. Interact with us via social media www.facebook.com/nws.sacramento www.twitter.com/nwssacramento