Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indiana Jones-The Baby Boomer

I wasn't up for a midnight show of the latest Indiana Jones but I went to the first show today at about 10am at our local theater. As I walked out of the theater my wife called who is traveling right now with perfect timing. I mentioned I had seen the movie and didn't want to spoil it for her other than telling her it is set in 1957.

We both laughed about how Indiana Jones is like a baby boomer with stiff and unbending parents who were barely survivors of the Great Depression and World War II. He has the same intelligence, angst and even confusion from being raised with the totally unrealistic expectations of the previous generation. His response is to worship the past and struggle with the present and future, the angst of a baby boomer. However, there is something universal also in this, so all can relate.

I don't want to spoil the story for you so that's all I'm going to say for now.

No comments: