Tuesday, May 1, 2012

text+

I found an APP for Ipad for texting to phones back and forth. It is text+. So far it works okay but I can see the problem might be that unless you are on your IPad you are not going to know when you receive the text. But for me it is easier because I have a blue tooth keyboard that I bought with my IPad so I can type very quickly any message. So, I guess short messages will be with my phone and longer messages will be with my IPad. If you have been following my story I accidentally washed my Iphone in my work jeans because I was concentrating on not getting poison oak that I was removing from the back fence in my back yard that had popped up this spring out of nowhere. So, my son bought tools to repair my iphone over amazon.com and has taken it apart so he thinks it is okay as long as he replaces the battery. Before he became a nurse he was a computer tech in his 20s but now building computers and learning more about technology is one of his hobbies now. So, maybe he can fix my Iphone in his spare time. Time will tell. But for now, if you like the idea of an internet anywhere Ipad to go along with your cell phone instead of getting a smartphone, text + is one way to text with your family and friends and business associates once you figure it out. But like I think it is best for longer conversations and cell phones are easier for short conversations while texting.

Note: in order to make text+ actually work you have to put all your phone numbers and at least the first name for whoever you want to text with in the "contacts icon" on your home page at IPad. Then you go into text+ and your contacts will show there too, so the two programs work side by side and interface. Also, text+ will have its own phone number or numbers depending upon where the person you are texting lives in the U.S. or wherever text+ allows free texting to take place. So, you should notify those you are going to text that an unfamiliar number is going to text them.So be sure to identify yourself in the first few words of your first text so the people you are texting get who this text is from.

No comments: