If one can predict box office revenues through analyzing social media like Twitter, then it also may be possible to analyze which countries will rise and fall and all sorts of other things. However, this is at a macro level. At a micro level children around the world (under 16 or 18) are many times ruining their futures by what they say on Facebook, Twitter, etc. because they might have no concept of how all this information might NEVER go away. And so they naively think that they are only talking to whoever they are talking to instead of realizing that Facebook and other social media sites sell this information to whoever they want to for whatever purposes those companies or individuals might have now and into the future. So, knowing that one (a country, a corporation, a good or bad individual) might predict almost anything, it is good to know how potentially dangerous this might be on a macro or micro level for everyone here on earth because there is no reason why any individual who has this specific information should or would share the fact that they have this kind of information about anyone or anything or any type of box office, whether countries are going to rise or fall, whether stocks are going to go up or down etc. I think you are beginning to see just how dangerous this could be in the wrong hands to everyone.
This also brings a whole new element to the term "Insider trading".
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- I had never heard before of the Rakoczy Mansion in Transylvania
- The Art of War - Wikipedia: Sun Tzu
- Natural Gas futures jump to 2 week high over more heat
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Dow Drops 2,997.10 today: Record Drop!
- Elohar: Aged 9
- See Which States and Cities Have Told Residents to Stay at Home
- The Latest: Investors unsure how virus will impact profits