Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Tides of Human History are cyclical

For example, Trump being allowed to keep Muslims out of the country from 5 countries and Christians out of the country from Venezuela is a cyclical happening around the world.

And even Kennedy retiring from the Supreme Court may mean eventually that women all over the U.S. may lose the right to have an abortion here in the U.S. for 25 to 50 years because of this change on the Supreme Court.

However, if you observe history carefully, when was the last time that abortions were legal anywhere?

I don't think they were legal anywhere before the 20th century at all that I can think of.

So, looking realistically at history this wasn't something necessarily that people in the U.S. were going to be able to keep indefinitely just from a historical perspective.

In the end change comes slowly to mankind over centuries and it is possible that a right to abortion might have been a fluke here in the U.S. since 1973 which could be completely gone within a year or two for 25 to 50 years until the Supreme Court once again becomes liberal enough to give this right to women once again here in the U.S.

However, those rich enough could still go to Canada or Europe or Japan to receive an abortion. For example, those rich enough regularly went to Japan for abortions for years before Roe Vs. Wade became law in 1973.

I'm not saying this is a happy thought but what I am saying is history tends to move very slowly and this appears to be where we are right now.

So, just like people everywhere go to countries like South Korea and Mexico for medical vacations for medical procedures that they can't afford here in the U.S. because they don't have medical insurance, they likely will do this for abortions too to places like Canada and others.

And Some countries are going to create businesses around this too to make it cheaper and cheaper to travel to other countries for abortions too. This is a given in the world the way it presently is.

Even in my own life I traveled from San Diego County where I lived in 1973 to Tijuana, Mexico over the border for my first dental root canal at age 25. They charged me $75 for a root canal on my upper right eye tooth then which was about 1/5 what I would have paid here in the U.S. to have that done then.

Now I'm 70 and I have had about 8 or 10 root canals but still have all my teeth but one and in that place I put a Dental Implant as it is one of my front teeth which was expensive but then now I could afford more. So, I still have all my teeth but one in either root canals or one dental implant so one way or another I still look like I have all my teeth and do except for one of my upper front teeth which is a dental titanium based implant.

So, what I'm saying here is this is not 1955 with coat hanger abortions with young women 12 to 20 years old dying like flies from blood poisoning from back street abortions. smart women are going to go to other countries cheaply and efficiently and hopefully thousands of poorer women won't be dying from botched abortions.

Also, RU-486 the abortion drug likely will be an underground best seller if this new supreme court goes against legal abortions here in the U.S.

No comments: