I learned not to fight whooping cough and just to "die" instead. Children who fight the cough exhaust themselves and often die around 2. I learned to let go and to die instead.
I learned at 4 to let the dentist pull my front teeth out without novacaine because my father asked it of me.
So, from age 2 and age 4 my stoicism was set. My future was set. I would succeed no matter what. And I did.
This didn't make life easy but it taught me how to survive anything by the time I was 2 to 4 years old.
Knowing how to stay calm and survive anything is the key to survival always. If you can stay calm and level headed you will always survive even when others don't.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- (no title)
- The Consequences of not dealing with ADD
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Since only 1 billion people are sustainable for thousands of years
- 16: Programmable Matter
- The Mahasiddhas are the founders of Vajrayana traditions and lineages such as Dzogchen and Mahamudra
- didn't know who this was: Empress of Russia Alexandra Feodorovna
- Beto O'Rourke-Wikipedia