I think the idea of being "Stoic" is about being taught not to take what happens to you in life personally so you get all upset at one person or another about it.
Instead you look at it all logically and rationally. The attitude is: "How can I survive this?"
Another version of this that saved my life during my last divorce in 1994: "There are NO problems ONLY opportunities."
Successful millionaires and billionaires HAVE to take this attitude because if you get all caught up in revenge against people who you think harmed your life then you cannot succeed because your life is ONLY about revenge and not SUCESS!
To succeed you have to be very focused on "How can I survive this?" and "There are no problems ONLY opportunities." Otherwise, you don't make it and you often don't survive at all worldwide.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Since only 1 billion people are sustainable for thousands of years
- Mattis is: The man who said Emperor Trump has no clothes
- China–United States trade war (2018–present) - Wikipedia
- Went to Corona Del Mar today
- Gilda Radner - Wikipedia
- Judge halts Trump admin's weakening of Obamacare's contraceptive mandate