Where I live on the coast in a forest we have storms with winds sometimes 100 mph off the ocean that blow down trees especially between about December and March of almost every year. So, we expect a few days to a week without power while power is being restored here. So, finally a couple of years ago I bought a 500 dollar Generac Gasolilne Generator and bought good plastic Gas cans that are safe and around 2.5 gallons each (3 of them) so I could drive to service station in my truck to fill them up regularly during the power outages. I figured that one power outage kills about 500 dollars in food for my family. So, it financially paid for itself the first power outage we had. I try to be polite to my neighbors and only run my generator from about 8 or 9 am until 8 or 9 pm too. And since most businesses are open from 8 to 10 am until maybe 6 pm at most you could do the same without many complaints while still running your business or not losing food in your refrigerators at home.
But, it's important to always run a 100 foot cord from your generator and then unplug your refrigerator from the wall socket and then plug into your 100 foot cord. I also use a surge protector so I can plug in many different things besides my refrigerator too like a lamp in the kitchen for light and I plug in my Wifi and TV too often. But, it's sort of important NOT to run your generator through your wall sockets for safety to prevent fires. Because if the power comes back on suddenly from the power station you can explode your generator or start a fire or worse. So, be sure to keep your generator ONLY on a 100 foot cord with a surge protector direct to your refrigerator. This way it's safer than anything else you might do to be safe.
My father was an electrician so I'm speaking to you from a lot of experience from my Dad, my Grandfather, and my uncle who were all Electrical Contractors by the way.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment