Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The problem of Spam

When I first started my site here in fall of 2007 it wasn't that much of a problem. But, over time people started advertising sexual favors first in English and then in Chinese and other languages in the comment site here at my site I didn't want that and had to delete literally hundreds of spam comments. Over time I basically shut off most comments completely because it was taking so much time to deal with all this. Then I started running Chinese characters and other languages comments through Google Translate and realized that this was happening from all over Asia too and had to disable these as well. Then, I had the same problem with my main email site of dragonofcompassion@comcast.net and so I pretty much stopped using this site simply because most people I know contact me through my phone now or by text through my phone. since I was getting literally hundreds of unwanted spam varieties at my email site I just finally gave up on my main email site too over time. Oh, I might visit it once every 2 to 6 months now but it just got so ridiculous I stopped using it.

So, from my point of view spam is completely out of control here in the U.S. The other day because I thought it might be a message from someone I knew I listened to a recorded message from someone I didn't know on my phone which said something like which was Spam: "We are starting legal procedures against your social security number because of Fraud."

I knew it was bogus and a scammer trying to steal my money but I was surprised how upset I was to listen to this at the time. I realized not listening to messages like this was much better for my conscious and subconscious mind not to have to even hear insane things like this in the first place.

So, my point here is just "How insane spam: (good, bad and indifferent spam) has become here in the U.S. that harms people in various ways whether it just wastes their time completely like with me or it financially or psychologically harms others who aren't as savvy about all this as I and others like me tend to be."

No comments: