So, the problem in the north is about 2 billion plus dollars in losses caused by power outages to businesses and local people by losing an average of $375 per household (IF) they didn't have back up generators to use to keep their perishable food edible.
In the south at least one person has already died in the Sylmar Fire where Interstate 5 and 210 intersect in Southern California.I use the 210 often to be up against the mountains in order to avoid L.A. traffic most times I head south so I'm very familiar with the 210 Freeway which goes from about Sylmar to San Bernadino now up against the Angeles Forest and others. If you haven't been to Los Angeles the mountains right next to Los Angeles go up to 8000 or 9000 feet so you can literally drive up from places like Glendale where I grew up and ski within 45 minutes to an hour during the winters. I did this as a 16 to 18 year old many times in my old 1956 Ford Station wagon that I called my "Surf Wagon" then from 1964 to 1966 when I owned it in High School. I worked summers and weekends and after school with my father's Electrical Contracting business so I could afford to buy my own 1956 Ford Station wagon by age 16 then and afford to buy gas at 17 cents a gallon too to drive to the beach or the mountains nearby.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment