Friday, October 11, 2019

Wilderness is helpful in developing your intuitive survival abilities

I grew up with a father who loved the out of doors. His father before him was a hunter who hunted bear and elk and deer and other things from about 1900 to maybe 1930 or 1940 around when he retired. Then my grandfather retired 6 months a year to a mining claim  near Elk City, Idaho which I visited in 1956 with my 5 years older male cousin and my mother and father then.

So, camping and wildnerness were always loves of my father and I took after he and my grandfather to where I realized cities mostly made people completely crazy and neurotic and if one wanted to be sane one sought out the wilderness where one could actually "Hear themselves think".

This last statement is about being a nature person and an intuitive. Just because you weren't raised in the wilderness like I was doesn't mean you aren't a nature person. It just means you haven't had this experience yet.

I think I didn't fully discover God (in a really good way) until I was set loose for a week with my best friend in Yosemite. Then God fully spoke to me in every way and my connection to God was strong for the rest of my lifetime just from talking to God that week in Yosemite hiking around Vernal Falls and California Nevada Falls and Yosemite Falls then in 1963. We would go out hiking all day exploring and come back to the campsite at night and watch the firefalls off of Glacier point. Yosemite was sort of like American Graffiti then with car races and jumping off the bridges into the water on hot August Days into the river or floating down on inner tubes or air mattresses. That's what it was like then.

Mt. Shasta I discovered at age 5 because my father was up there in Shasta springs for his religion doing electrical work setting up the Amphitheater in the little City of Mt. Shasta for the pageant of the LIfe of Christ that his church puts on still once or twice a year. I hung out with boys 5 to 12 years old (I was 5) and we did things like firecrackers and some of them had pistols and stuff like that and we walked down to the Sacramento River From Shasta springs and some of them rode freight trains up to the city of Mt. Shasta to get a soda or milkshake then at Windsors which had amazing ice cream then in the city of Mt. Shasta. I was too young to jump on freight trains at 5 and knew it thankfully though. I had this kind of experience in "Stand By Me" from ages 5 to about 12 years of age whenever my father , or both parents took me to Shasta Springs.

Summers: 2 to 6 weeks in Shasta Springs was almost exactly like:

Stand by Me
R
 1986 ‧ Adaptation/Comedy-drama ‧ 1h 29m
92% liked this movie
Google users

Description

After learning that a stranger has been accidentally killed near their rural homes, four Oregon boys decide to go see the body. On the way, Gordie Lachance (Wil Wheaton), Vern Tessio (Jerry O'Connell), Chris Chambers (River Phoenix) and Teddy Duchamp (Corey Feldman) encounter a mean junk man and a m… MORE
Release dateAugust 8, 1986 (USA)
Ever since these experiences I have loved Mt. Shasta and Yosemite and Wilderness, especially mountains but also oceans and deserts all over the world. So, I still travel to "special places like Kauai and Haleakala on Maui now at 71 with my wife and friends and to Mt. Shasta because I fell in love with the wilderness as a child and young adult.

by God's Grace

No comments: