Friday, November 29, 2019

I found Frozen 2 to be a very adult movie in regard to subject matter

This was not just another "Silly Cartoon" but dealing with issues most if not many issues most adults deal with during their lives. For example, Anna is faced at one point with having no future where she realizes all she can do is: "The Next Right thing" which is a very adult place to see in any cartoon.

So, this movie even though kids could watch this is very deep in some ways which likely is also why it is so popular because it deals with life or death issues and betrayal and many other things that humans deal with in their lives all over the world.

Though this movie is very well done I found it brought me to tears at many points but after all I'm 71 and a lot of things bring me to tears I find in movies that wouldn't have 50 years ago. If you can't cry in movies at 71 then likely you died already sometime between 30 and 71 along the way.

In fact, the most common epitaph on graves before 1900 in the western world was:

"Born died 20 buried 60" or something like this.

However, because of more advanced medical care hopefully it is something better than that now.

No comments: