Friday, May 29, 2020

The 10 Counties near San Francisco being relatively closed is creating movement to counties that are open by summer tourists and hikers and campers

There are 58 counties in California. Most of them are in a Stage 3 re-opening (Don't ask me to tell you exactly what that means at this point). However, Some counties like San Francisco, Santa Cruz, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Monterey and a few others in this region aren't because of too many cases for the governor to sign off on them.

BUT, this is causing all sorts of people to leave those counties and to go to counties that are opened. One of my friends in Mt. Shasta said she walked to Hart Lake above Castle lake  near Mt. Shasta city and could not believe how many out of towners were walking along the trail to Hart Lake by the way and she really regretted not taking a mask as she didn't feel safe passing so many on the 3 foot wide or less trail to Hart Lake from Castle lake. I have made this hike many times and it is a very beautiful view if there the trail isn't snow covered because if there is snow it can get very dangerous unless you are wearing snowshoes or mountaineering skis doing this trail. I have also cross country skied with metal edges across Castle lake many many times in the past too. However, since about 2012 I don't fully trust the ice to hold me since the first year Castle lake didn't freeze over at all which I think was about 2012? or around there some place. I like the ice to be 3 to 6 feet thick like it used to be before I go skiing across it which usually doesn't happen anymore in present global warming conditions.

So, since restaurants are already open in many northern counties like Siskiyou and others I think you are going to see coronavirus cases soon in some of these counties from tourists not knowing that they are carriers infecting more people in counties where restaurants and hotels and campgrounds are open.

No comments: