Tuesday, May 26, 2020

I found I didn't like working inside in an office or computer room

I started out in the direction of Computer programmer and Operator in college and worked in this field while I was attending college from 1966 to around early 1969. But, I was able to make enough money to buy a new 1968 Camaro at 20 years old with my earnings working in the computer field which was really great in a lot of ways. We kept my metallic blue wide tired Camaro in the family from 1968 until 1978 when I finally sold it because I was a single Dad then and decided I needed a truck for work instead so I bought a 1976 Toyota Longbed 5 speed manual shift that was a blue one. Eventually I bought a 6 Pac cabover Camper so I could work on jobs anywhere in the state at that point.

At one point I drove my Camaro over 140 miles per hour which was an amazing experience too.

At another point I was driving in the high desert in the Camaro one day and saw a wall of water coming out of the mountains 3 or 4 feet high. Luckily, I could burn rubber and do a 360 in my Camaro so I wasn't going sideways across the desert landscape riding sideways in my Camaro or dying from the wall of water moving pretty fast across the desert from the mountains.

If you come to California you have to be prepared for walls of water coming out of mountains or across "DRY" riverbeds washing you and everything away sometimes of the year during storms.

We are one of the few states where it doesn't rain very much or at all during the year.  But when it does we are known for up to 16 inches of rain to fall within 2 to 3 days time. This causes flash flooding in most areas of California because of the extreme altitude changes especially where deserts and mountains meet. We have the highest mountain in the lower 48 states to one of the lowest points in the U.S. in Death Valley which is well below sea level where it gets up to 128 degrees fahrenheit during the summer there. I've been there myself at around 120 degree both there and Palm Springs.

When I was 6 I was there and my father's friends who were electricians from Los Angeles and the sand storm during the night took all the paint off the car by morning. We finally got into a canyon where we could get out of the car without bleeding from being sand blasted like the car that lost all it's paint there in Death Valley.

No comments: