Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Just because you are bored with sheltering in place doesn't mean it's safe to come out!

This is the real problem here. We are used to things like Earthquakes and Fires and Hurricanes and Tornadoes and car and Truck accidents and plane crashes which end.

But, pandemics often keep killing in new and different ways over several years once they get going like this one has worldwide.

For example, New York City wasn't infected directly from China but through Europe.

California and Washington were infected from China but not the East Coast. This is why it got a foot hold on the East coast of the U.S. and killed so many in New York because people weren't expecting it to arrive into the Subways of New York from Europe.

And like now.

Yes. you are bored with sheltering in place. I am too. I went to Santa Barbara and spent 10 days there even though my wife was afraid to go that far then. So, she stayed home with the dog because I really needed to do something else than sheltering in place for months more.

Was this a good idea to travel south on Business and to visit and stay with family?

Yes.

On all fronts this was good for me.

But, this is what I did.

I only stopped once between my home in the SF BAy area and Santa Barbara going south at King City and even then I wore nitrile rubber gloves when buying the gas and putting it in my truck.

I didn't stop at ANY' Bathrooms and took sandwiches to eat on the 4 to 5 hour drive there. I did the same coming back except I bought gas and used lysol wipes I got in Santa Barbara because they were out of rubber gloves there but my daughter gave me a baggy of about 10 to 15 lysol wipes to use in place of gloves for driving north. Once again I stopped only once coming north and took sandwiches and didn't stop at any bathrooms along the way but took a plastic bottle with me just in case.

So, this is what traveling smart looks like now.

If you have studied about this virus enough like I have then you need to make a plan of how to survive it the next few years time. Otherwise, it's possible you won't.

Yes. it's true you COULD be one of the lucky ones to survive this anyway.

But, that's just about 50-50 right now the way this thing is spreading.

My motto now is: "Better safe than sorry) (or dead).

This is how I'm staying safe traveling at least 4 to 5 hours by truck or car. Feel Free to learn from my methods if it sounds useful to you.

Have a Great Day!

And I hope we all survive the next few years here on earth and still have a civilization left when we are done with all this.

No comments: