Wednesday, July 8, 2020

God Helps those who help themselves

As I child I didn't like this statement for some reason but as an adult I find it to be one of the most practical statements ever given.

There is a joke which typifies these times to me:

It is a religious man in a flood somewhere in the U.S.

The flood is getting worse and the water is up to the bottom of his roof of his house and he is expecting God to save him.

So, first a neighbor floats by on a log and says, "Grab onto the log and save yourself." And the man says, "God is going to save me. I'm waiting for God to save me!"

Next a man on a raft comes by and says, "Get on the raft and save yourself."

And the man says: "No. God is going to save me!"

Next a man with a boat comes by and he says, "Get in the boat and save yourself!"

And the man says: "No. God is going to save me."

Next a man in a helicopter comes and says, "Tie yourself into the rope we are here to rescue you!"

And the man says, "No. God is going to save me."

Next the man drowns because God didn't save him the way he expected.

The man goes through the pearly gates and he says to God: "God! Why didn't you save me?"

And God says: "I sent the log and the raft and the boat and the helicopter. Why didn't you save yourself?"

These times are sort of like that right now.

Maybe you should at least wear a mask and avoid places inside like restaurants so you stay alive.

What do you think?

No comments: