Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Designating "Self driving Cars" as being "Fully Autonomous" will create a more dangerous outcome for riders in these cars: Why?

Because when you designate a "Self Driving Car" as fully Autonomous you can then take the steering wheel and brake out of that car and then it is fully autonomous with no way for a rider to save themselves during a malfunction.

This is one of my main objections to future "self Driving cars" in the first place. I see no reason to ever get into a Self Driving or Autonomous car (at least at this point) unless I had a steering wheel and brake to be able to save my own life in any emergency. Otherwise, the passengers in a self driving or Fully Autonomous car are vulnerable to the hardware and software on board with no way at all to save themselves in any real emergency.

For example, I would like a parachute when I fly in a commercial airliner, wouldn't you? I don't want to just crash into the ground and have no hope at all if anything goes wrong with the plane. It's like this regarding Self driving cars too. If they take away our steering wheels and brakes then we are like we are in a commercial plane with no parachutes or escape devices which I don't like either. 

No comments: