Thursday, June 10, 2021

Traveling Time: It's likely not for everyone

However, if you live to grow old in a sense you are traveling time too. It is very strange indeed to be 73 now and words often no longer meant what they did in the 1950s through 1970s. I was told this by my 25 year old daughter more than once. She is my youngest child as I also have a 32 year old daughter and a 47 year old son and an adopted 35 year old daughter and step kids too. But, the biggest difference in how reality is perceived is between my 25 year old daughter and myself. Often I think of her sort of as a Zen monk because she doesn't believe in God and yet is very moral and always looking out for everyone, and yet has a hard time with her mother and I because of the age differences. Her mother got pregnant with her at age 39 or 40 I believe, right around there and I believe I was around 47 then. So, there is almost 50 years difference between her way of thinking and mine. And yet, she and I are the emotionally strongest people in the family. What do I mean by this?

I think being emotionally strong just means you are either very determined or very stubborn or both and you don't give up on people or situations that easily. This can be either good or bad but is usually both.

However, I think the point I was trying to make with this article is that whether you travel time by aging or whether you travel time by Soul Traveling time and space or whether you travel through technology, either way you have to be very adaptable to survive all this.

For example, many people in the 1950s were VERY attached to their points of view that they had in the 1950s to the point of where they could be violent. Unfortunately, many of these points of view were attached to ant-ethnic or racist points fo view. However, by the 1970s and 1980s many or most of these people died off in the U.S. because they had been born between 1850 and 1920 which was way more anti-ethnic and racist than most people have ever thought of today.

So, traveling time whether through aging or spiritual means or technology one must always be very adaptable to survive all the changes.

I was able to survive all the old racist people I met from the 1800s as a child just by keeping my mouth shut. This wasn't hard just because "Children were to be seen and not heard then".

What this basically means is that adults didn't want to give children too much attention then because they might die.

I know this seems callous now but up until the polio shots of the early 1950s if you had 10 kids (and many people still did then) you might expect in the 50s to lose 2 to 3  of the 10 of them to childhood diseases or accidents of various kinds (which happened all the time).

People really didn't get paranoid around safety until during and after the Viet Nam War. This was when people started caring more about children and it became a much less fatalistic time for children.

No longer (at least in the U.S. and Europe) were children "Expendable" so much. They became more precious as they died less and less especially among the "Baby Boomers" like myself.

However, this changed people and made them much more "Unrealistic" than they were before too.

So, I'm not sure what is worse "Expendable Children or unrealistic parents?"

No comments: