Monday, March 28, 2022

A difficult Day?

 Mondays can be like that. That's one reason they call them MANIC MONDAYS!

My daughter wanted to walk along the beach with me this morning but I have to take several medicines in sequence like one of them I cannot eat for an hour after taking it before I can eat and take the others. But, it's also nice to still be alive too here at almost 74.

However, I went earlier with her than I should have because I hadn't counted on various health issues to come up. So, I found myself very frustrated today. By the time I had walked with my daughter through the purple flowers of the ocean succulents now blooming I felt pretty defeated. However, next to my bed is a bunch of books on a table with a lamp of things like the Dalai Lama and a little book my wife gave me called: "The Little Book of Happiness".

Normally it just sits there and waits for me to read a few pages. But, today it was like an angel dropped it off the table next to the lamp onto the carpeting of our bedroom. So, when I got up wanting to get into the Hot tub to relieve my muscles from any pain, I had to bend over to pick it up. It also has a little ribbon to mark where I'm reading in it. Then I opened it at random and here is what I found:

I thought I would share a little of what I found:

page 14 from "The little Book of Happiness" from the top

Happiness--the facts

-The hippocampus is the area of the brain responsible for happiness.

-The neurotransmitter serotonin, which is synthesized from the amino acid Tryptophan, helps stabilize mood and regulate Sleep patterns.

-The neurotransmitter dopamine also helps control emotional responses and the brain's reward and pleasure centers. -----------

next page 15:

"You can increase your levels of serotonin and dopamine by including Turkey, eggs, dark chocolate and green tea in your daily diet. Other dopamine-boosting foods include almonds, avocados, bananas and chicken."

end quote.

I thought this was pretty interesting by the way so I decided to share it with you today.

No comments: