Monday, May 30, 2022

Writing Haiku can be a simple way to solve your problems: At least in finding ways how to think about your problems during transitions

While I was going through a difficult divorce in 1994 I discovered how writing Haiku could help me move forward. Going through a divorce often is like dealing with someone you love dying. In a marriage often you both assign roles to each other because often this is more efficient with each person having different skill sets. Then as you resume your lives without each other you are no longer the same person because that unit of cooperation has died. I was remembering today in writing in my mind these types of haiku poems.

Writing

Can be healing

if you wish


Living 

Can be wonderful

if you wish


Traveling 

can be wonderful

if you wish

And here are some of the poems I wrote in 1994 and 1995 which led to me getting remarried and starting a new life and having another daughter. I have 3 grown children now from ages 48  to 33 to 26 and I'm still happily married since 1995.

I transferred them here from dragonofcompassion.com/poems but found them hard to read so I'll try to put them in this type rather than with the blue background

Three Rock Poems

Rocks

speak to me

tell me of strange things

They tell me that time is- does not pass

Love comes quickly

Seeps into painful cracks

in soul caresses

Rock People

we are your bones

the water your blood

your breath the sky

"miscellaneous ideas"

Honey bear talks to me

the tea warms my soul

all is well

when we are quiet

your presence

heals my soul

"innocence and wisdom live together"

"The seeds of being found are in being lost"

There is more to life than survival

if you cannot be man enough to trust yourself

you cannot really live at all

The following is the same stuff from 1994 and 1995 but harder to read when I transferred it direct from dragonofcompassion.com/poems

" Three Rock poems"

Rocks
speak to me
tell me of strange things
They say time is-does not pass

Love comes quickly
seeps into painful cracks
In soul caresses

ROCK PEOPLE
"We are your bones
The water your blood
Your breath the sky.


"Miscellaneous ideas"

Honey Bear talks to me
The tea warms my soul
All is well

When we are quiet
Your presence
Heals my soul

Innocense and wisdom live together

The seeds of being found are in being lost

There is more to life than survival
If you cannot be man enough to trust yourself
You cannot really live at all!




 

No comments: