Monday, May 30, 2022

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans

 By my early 20s all my plans in life had crashed, the girl I wanted to marry, the career I wanted to have, how I saw myself. All these things had crashed and I decided to take my life because I was young and didn't know any better at the time.

A better statement of being young is the title of this article: "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." (which basically means if you aren't very adaptable you won't survive very long.

The first change for people is to be psychologically adaptable to changes and then on top of this you have to be physically adaptable too to survive your lives.

Here's a thought project: "Imagine you lived in Ukraine last Fall. You were getting a degree in Computer science, you met the girl of your dreams and you thought you had the world by the tail. Then February 2021 happened and Russia attacked Ukraine." What do you think happened to your life?

Your girlfriend hopefully, left Ukraine. You joined the Army and are now fighting for the liberation of Ukraine from Russian hands. Would you be adaptable enough to make these changes to your life? And would you survive all the battles you would be asked to be a part of?

Thinking like this of course is extreme. If you didn't live in Ukraine when all this began I understand. The point is: "You don't know what is going to happen next in your lives." If you are lucky maybe your dreams all came true."

But, how many people did this happen for that I know? Maybe one or two of everyone I knew growing up. That's all. This was my cousin deciding to be a lawyer at age 12 and becoming one of the best in the country at this and two of his 3 children becoming successful lawyers as well and the other becoming a teacher and a playwright.

So, of the thousands of people I have known during my life ONE lived his dreams that he had as a. young man. That's all.

So, it sounds like it might be important to be adaptable enough mentally and physically to survive your 20s doesn't it?

What is the main problem with people's 20s?

UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS!

I would say this is what mentally and physically kills a whole lot of 20 somethings or teenagers. Figuring out what you CAN actually do with your life is what is going to keep you alive and make you happy enough to want to survive your lives.

IF you cannot live with the life you created for yourselves then you won't.

No comments: