Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Even though I didn't have radials on my 1968 Camaro then I still had low wide profile tires for extra traction around corners

So, when I saw a car fly through the air in front of me on the 405 almost to West Los Angeles heading north towards the Hollywood hills I realized we all were in trouble in heavy traffic on the 405. However, with the wide tires and amazing handling characteristics of a Camaro with wide enough tires then when the car flew into the air and all the cars in front of me and behind me crashed into it. I screeched the tires sideways into the emergency lane screech screech (radical left then radical right before I hit the railing in the center and slid by the other cars as they were all totaled ahead of me and behind me because we all in the fast lane were doing around 70 to 75 miles per hour when the accident in front of us occurred. I just kept going as cars were crashing all sorts of directions around me. I was 20 at the time in 1968 or 1969 and young with good reflexes in basically a race car with good cornering characteristics so I survived without a scratch. My car also survived without a scratch too even though we were in bumper to bumper traffic at 70 to 75 miles per hour when this occurred.

Amazing experience to survive that.

By God's Grace

No comments: