Sunday, February 26, 2023

Snowboarding above santa Barbara and Skiing in the Santa Cruz Mountains!

 My son in law flew back from New York on Friday and then wanted to see the snow in the hills above Santa Barbara where he lives with my daughter. He said that people were snowboarding with a view of Santa Barbara which I thought was interesting. When I drove north from Santa Barbara leaving at about noon on Friday when the cloudbursts finally stopped by Paso Robles and San Miguel I let my daughter drive my Tundra 4 wheel drive truck. And by Gonzales and Salinas I got good pictures of the snow to the east and to the west up in the hills which go up to 4 to 5000 feet in elevation both sides of the Salinas Valley where Highway 101 goes through to San Jose and San Francisco.

There were also pictures on the Television from local stations of people Skiing cross country down snow covered dirt roads in the Santa Cruz Mountains as well. Many people couldn't drive to their homes all over the state if their homes were above 1000 feet in elevation either and Interstate 5 was closed for over 24 hours. 

However, I just checked Caltrans and Interstate 5 is open throughout the state of California once again. So, I guess they plowed the Grapevine and the Mt. Shasta area enough now to let traffic through north and south throughout the state of California at least.

No comments: