Wednesday, February 22, 2023

I find Blogging more like Journaling than anything else

 For example, I can go back to fall of 2007 when I first started blogging at this site and see what was happening in the news or in my life somewhat by just reading the articles along the way all the way to now. In 2007 I would have been likely 59 years old and had already survived retirement since 1998 when a heart virus forced me to retire.

To me, the miracle was that I could afford to retire in 1998 in order to still be alive now. Often friends of mine and people I meet along the way (acquaintances) are not as lucky as I have been. So, I thank God for my Good Fortune every day. 

For example, often I owned businesses but because I was trying to get my kids through high school and college in the 1990s I didn't have health insurance. So, when I divorced in 1994 and remarried another lady in 1995 she insisted I have full health care insurance. This is part of what saved my life in 1998 and 1999 along with retiring. So, I would recommend if you are in your 40s one of the most important things you can have is full health insurance. Otherwise you risk bankruptcy and losing everything you have worked for if you don't and something catastrophic happens in your life or the lives of one of your children or spouse. So, because of having full health insurance I'm still alive now in 2023 even though I almost died for 9 months in 1998 and 1999.

Something to think about.

No comments: