Saturday, February 25, 2023

One cold Sunny Day before more rain storms through Wednesday starting Sunday for California

 When I went to the beach today I was amazed that so many people were there. However, when I thought it through after all it was Saturday and this is the ONLY sunny Day until next Wednesday or Thursday.

So, I went to a smaller beach with less people to walk my dog. But, I could tell people were happy to be there but it was cold enough because of the wind and the fact that it was under 50 degrees and because of the wind at this temperature along the coast most walkers were wearing hoods to keep the heat in their heads and bodies. Only Joggers and fast walkers were without jackets on a day like today. I did notice one younger girl wearing only jogging shorts and a T-Shirt but maybe she is a fast burner to be walking out like this in a t-shirt and shorts. However, often people from colder climates are okay like this too. For example, I have seen people from other areas of the country or world swimming in the ocean for long periods when it's in the 40s or low 50s but most locals wouldn't go in the water with their full bodies without a wet suit or dry suit on especially surfers when it gets below about 55 degrees. The problem with doing this is hypothermia, which in the ocean someone can become completely dysfunctional and hallucinating within about 10 to 15 minutes if you are fully in the water so within 20 minutes you likely wouldn't survive this for most people here this far north in the ocean in California.

No comments: