Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Progressive Revelations

 I was raised to be a mystical Christian and what I would call a Scientific Creationist by my parents.

However, as a child and young man I realized that what I had been taught wasn't actually going to keep me alive and would in many ways contribute to my early death.

Since I was always taught to be a pragmatist in addition to being a mystical Christian Scientific Creationist the pragmatist side of me often was experimenting and making plans for my potential survival always too.

The biggest change for me was getting to the place where I could accept Progressive Revelation regarding all things in life.

This is to me an ultimate level of pragmatism in which Life and God (same thing from my point of view) where God will show you in the moment what you need to do next. It isn't really only about what you read in any book, it is about all life AS God showing you externally and internally what to do next always.

progressive revelation is one of the reasons why I'm still alive at 75.

I have watched people too rigid in their thinking and unbending break one by one all my life and either go crazy or die.

For example, I found that planning my life like most people do was suicidal for me at least from 18 to 25 years of age until my first child was born and I was married.

Then being a father and a husband helped me plan my life.

I had never really seen myself as alive and keeping on living without a wife and children. 

And I realized my Yoga in life was as a householder Yogi.

The word Yoga actually means to "Yoke" like putting a bull or horse in a yoke where it pulls a wagon behind it.

a person's yoga is their spiritual discipline which allows their life to function properly.

my spiritual discipline was always around caring for my family. I couldn't get excited about caring for myself unless I had someone I was caring for. Then I found I could care for myself SO I could take care of others.

I realized I was a natural Father and later a grandfather like now in my life at 75.

But, without my realizations of progressive revelations of God around me and through me I would have been dead sometime between age 2 and 25 years old.

It is ONLY through progressive revelations that I lived to 75.

By God's Grace

No comments: