Tuesday, January 23, 2024

The word "So"

 I'm trying to train myself not to use the word "So" so much.

"So" for me conveys (I'm thinking about this and traversing to another thought). It's a way of trying to separate one group of thoughts from another grouping of thoughts. It's sort of like "slightly changing the subject" over time.

However, when I read things that I write where I begin with "So" I find it very annoying so I'm trying to train myself not to use "So" so much simply because it takes away from what I'm saying and it might connote that I'm not sure about what I'm saying which isn't really true.

It's sort of like having to walk over a rocky area without turning your ankle. I use so like a cane or a crutch to get from one idea to another. So, more recently I just try to go through whatever I have written and delete any "So"s that start a sentence that I can. 

Life is ongoing after all and at 75 it sort of feels like it never ends which can be a good thing or a bad thing or anything in between for most people.

So, mostly it's about having the good times propel you forward while you survive hopefully the bad or boring or neutral times.

By God's Grace

No comments: