Sunday, January 28, 2024

Two types of Trauma experienced by many or most Americans

The first type of Trauma would be religious Trauma which I experienced when I grew up around age 21. I didn't realize just how closed minded that the religion I grew up in was. And this caused trauma  until I was 25 years old. And this changed how I view religions in general to where I won't join any church and go to church regularly ever since this bad almost disastrous experience growing up.

The 2nd thing that many or most are traumatized by growing up is going to Public School.

Around 1992 I took a college course in Logic and my professor's point of view was that public school was not really a way to get educated anymore but instead had become a sort of Reform School for young criminals as a way of keeping them off the streets and committing crimes. I agree with this point of view by the way. 

So, anyone that asks me I recommend that they either home school their kids or send them to a good private school whichever they can afford rather than seriously psychologically damaging their children by sending them to public schools.

Though I found ways to recover from the damage done to me from both these things and though I found ways to recover from the PTSD from whooping cough and blunt Trauma concussion and the resulting night time seizures between ages 10 and 15, I also have had to grow in ways that most people either couldn't or wouldn't try to accomplish in the first place and so many of them now are either dead or crazy one of the two as a direct result.

So, I am a survivor but many people I know and knew along the way were not and are gone now.

The point of writing this is to become better aware of the damage inflicted on most people by religions and public schools and how finding useful alternatives is often the difference between life and death for those students both in the long run and in the short run.

No comments: