Thursday, January 25, 2024

Traveling North

I wanted to travel north on Tuesday when there was no rain but my wife told me she couldn't get ready that fast and take care of enough business to do this. At 75 I find it a lot safer to travel with my wife so we can better take care of each other and also it's more fun not to travel alone.

So, I waited until Wednesday to travel north to Mt. Shasta. This morning we got away by around 10:30am and headed north. When I woke up around 9 am it was raining hard so I thought maybe I had misread the weather forecast. But, almost on cue the rain stopped and the sky cleared up enough to finish loading our vehicle. So, we finally got away by a little after 10 like I had already planned. I had wanted to leave by 10 simply because I wanted to get through Sacramento before rush hour traffic because I knew there was going to be some light rain on the way and in any kind of rain in California at least traffic or accidents can be a potential problem you have to look out for.

However, it didn't turn out to be a problem at all really, even though I could tell drivers weren't sure that they wanted to be on the road at all because of a light drizzle most of the way north. It didn't get to be a heavy constant Drizzle until after Williams on Interstate 5 north though. 

It was nice to see so much greenery from all the rain storms that have come through in the last week or so. California has been pretty lucky because we haven't had as much flooding as last year (except for maybe) Capitola and San Diego.

But, most places the rain has mostly been positive.

It's good to move to a new place for a little while simply because my wife had an operation in the Middle of November and we have been sort of house bound while she more fully recovered. So, this is our first foray out into the world from the Northern California Coast since November of 2023.

It was sort of like feeling reborn in a way to see the whole north state so green even in drizzle.

We are really grateful to be visiting Shasta and seeing the snow and our friends and being in the mountains and near the lakes of the area.

By God's Grace

No comments: