Tuesday, February 27, 2024

I can only estimate how many visits to this site have occurred between Fall of 2007 and the present

After the counter at blogger.com starting over at least 5 times since 2007 and because the counter ONLY went to 2,500,000 at most before it started over and because the present counter (now that they fixed it) is

3,750,165 I can only assume that my full count of visits since 2007 is in the neighborhood of 15 to 20 million visits since fall of 2007. 

However, since around 2018 the number of visits isn't as important to me (even though it's nice that people like my site) simply because I have had to prioritize staying alive more than before since I was about 70 years old.

What you notice about 70 is that between 70 and 80 most of your friends that aren't already dead from one thing or another die. This is hard to deal with for anyone.

However, there are always some people who make it to 80, 90 or 100. But, the people that do this often "have all their ducks in a row" by 40 or 50.

For example, if my present wife hadn't insisted that I have health insurance from the time we got together when I was around 45 years old I likely wouldn't be alive today.

The strange thing about this is that when I was 64 (the year before you can get on Medicare) I was paying $1800 a month for full medical coverage. How many people can afford that? So, the real danger time of not being able to afford full medical coverage I would say is between the ages of 50 and 64. After 64 if you can get on Medicare you might then live to 100 or more. But, first you have to get to 65 and medicare to do this. This is what I have noticed.

Most people I have noticed begin to have health problems by 40 or 50 and if those health problems are not properly addressed they are soon gone within a couple of years.

So anyway, even though the counter for this site presently reads " 3,750,165" it is actually 5 or more times that because the counters only went to 2,500,000 and then started over at zero for the first 10 to 15 years since 2007. This is one of the things about blogger.com

So, I don't know the limit of the new counters because I haven't reached that limit yet.

So, if you are a blogger like I am at blogger.com this is important to know for a variety of reasons. 

No comments: