Tuesday, October 15, 2024

One of the many reasons to have a family

 The main reason that I can see is continuity. By having children and being married or (however you want to do this) you tend to have more continuity in your life. Often single people watch all their relatives die and then they are alone. So, having a family can sometimes help with this.

However, even though I have four children including an adopted daughter most of my kids now (excepted the adopted Daughter now live in another state or another country now. So, even if you have children it doesn't mean they necessarily are going to stay near where you live. However, several people I now know have children that stayed in this area after they grew up. However, in my family there is a thing about the "Grass always being greener" often somewhere else than where you are.

However, I still think it's great to have a family even after all your aunts and uncles and parents and grandparents have all passed away. This is what it is also like for me at age 76.

So, if you are going to live long enough you have to also prepare for literally everyone older than you might pass away before you do.

However, it's also true in the U.S. if you live to be 30 often you will also live to be 90 here in the U.S.

No comments: