Sunday, November 15, 2009

Surviving Swine Flu

First of all, unless you and your family prepare for it, you or a member of your family might not survive it if anyone in your family gets it in the next 6 months to year(unless all have been exposed to the h1n1 strain going around now or have had it already).

So, preparing for h1n1 is the first step in all members of your family surviving this if anyone gets it.

In my family a little sister of one of my 13 year old daughter's best friends had it. So, first my daughter got it with fevers up to about 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Then about 5 days later I got it with fevers of about 104 degrees Fahrenheit but we stopped the fever by putting me in a tepid bath(90degrees Fahrenheit) for about 15 minutes which killed my fever for about 24 hours. Then when it came back I only was 99 degrees to 101 degrees which I could easily survive without permanent harm at age 61.

Now, after taking tamiflu for five days it ended the flu and fever but not the cough which has persisted. Since there are people still ill since August with secondary sinus and lung and asthma problems even if you knock out the flu with tamiflu you might not be out of the woods yet. Missing one month to several months work or school is not unusual from Swine flu and people even then count themselves lucky to still be alive.

If you don't have resources or financial resources it likely might be a struggle for you to survive this unless someone helps you. That is just a given.

So, preparing for the possibility might enable you and all members of your family to survive might keep you all alive through this thing.

Like I said before in another article I have never seen anything like this one since the 1960s and 1970s when the last big swine and bird flus hit as hard as this and many died then. By the way I don't think all death are actually being tabulated with this swine flu because the test for it is 100 to 300 dollars so people just mostly aren't testing for it and just treating the symptoms. Whether this is planned or not I can't say. The one thing I can say for it is less likely to create pandemic panics if the real death costs aren't known.

No comments: