Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shapeshifting

Though I understand how this skill works I have not had a use for it so I have never really worked on developing it. Instead since I can bi-locate and have since I was a child and consciously have had control of it since my late teens I don't really see a need to develop shape shifting.

The kinds of people that might want to develop this kind of skill would be soldiers, warriors and people who need to hide from others in plain sight so they won't be killed.

My first real physical and psychological understanding of the core of this skill came when I was alone at a Fire Lookout working for CDF in the mid 1980s. So I would be out of physical contact with humans for up to 4 days 24 hours a day at the 10 miles from the nearest person location of my lookout. I was, however, in contact by radio and by telephone to CDF Authorities throughout the state when necessary.

During these times, especially during my stand-by time of 7pm to 7am I often saw herds of wild boar, herds of Deer, Mountain Bluebirds and all sorts of amazing animals birds and creatures of nature. I found myself(when there was free time) tuning into their ways and thoughts. When one is removed from physical human contact ones senses change. Especially without television or computers or music radios and the like. So, I began to notice the difference between the consciousness of a raccoon which is a predator and a deer which uses camouflage and being still not to be eaten or seen. So, I found deer because they are large and yet know how to disappear into grass or trees as the basis of Shape shifting as far as I could see.

Many people could never work so far from people as they are too addicted to human social contact. Even I didn't like being there away from my family oftentimes. Especially, because my children were 10 to 14 years old at the time so I only did this a couple of years primarily for the free state medical care for all members of my family including eyes and dental. However, after two years I went back to running my businesses full time.

However, I noticed that vegetarian animals who eat grass or nuts or fruit tend to learn hiding skills and how to hide in plain sight. From animals like deer who are big like humans I think shape shifting evolved first as a hunting skill and then as a warrior skill and then as a spying skill for their individual tribes.

However, a true shape shifter I believe doesn't actually physically turn into something, he or she only takes on a consciousness of another creature so convincingly that people might believe that they are watching another creature rather than a human.

Most people cannot stay sane and go that far into actually experiencing being another being like an animal. So as far as most people who still can speak with people and be relatively normal would be to know how to disappear in public by, for example seeing themselves as the grass they are sitting on or the bench they are sitting on or as the tree they are leaning against.

So, once again most people who actually master shape shifting would naturally occupy such an alien state of consciousness for most people that other people might feel threatened by such a person because the state of consciousness that one would have to attain would not longer be human but entirely animal. So, for me at least I don't see the use of becoming a complete shape shifter. However, people in dangerous jobs or who feel their lives threatened and who don't want to die might consider this type of thing to avoid death in difficult circumstances.

Note: My wife was telling me that the Werewolves on New Moon were shape shifters. If I follow this logic then Vampires might be considered shape shifters too. However, I don't believe in vampires or werewolves but I do believe in shamanic shape shifters around the world. There is fantasy and there is reality and we all have to define it according to our real life experiences.

No comments: