Friday, November 27, 2009

Your skin hears sounds

http://www.livescience.com/health/091125-skin-hears-sounds.html

I found this article very informative. However, as a life long intuitive I have always experienced life in a full body sort of way. I think part of it was coming from a more Celtic tradition because of my Scottish raised grandmother and my mother her daughter. Both were very intuitive and so instilled this intuitive way of functioning in me as well since my grandmother lived with us. So she was always sitting reading her Bible and talking about mystical things. She and my Mom were incredibly intuitive beings. My father was intuitive too but he wouldn't talk about being intuitive because it wasn't considered manly to be intuitive when he was born in 1916. My Grandmother was born in 1888 and for her family being intuitive just helped when people needed to be kept alive through prayer. So she regularly did this and taught my mother this as well.

As medicine has become more dependable this skill is not as prevalent in the western world. However, among people who use alternative medicine alongside mainline medicine it is growing in resurgence again.

When one experiences life whole body in this way, skin hears, eyes feel, ears see as well as their normal functions. When one experiences life holistically in this way life becomes an entirely different experience.

For example, when I walk through the forest now my experience of myself is as a physical body surrounded by a large energy field. As I walk through this forest infinite amounts of communication take place on all levels. For me, it is like walking amongst my family. Today, for example, it had rained a little before I started walking so the forest was very happy and rejoicing at the new rains. If you could imagine being a tree or plant in the forest and not knowing when or if moisture would come it would be like not knowing if or when you would ever eat or drink again. That would be a very uncertain life for you. It is the same for trees and wild plants everywhere.

When rain hasn't fallen in some time trees and forests will sometimes ask me why it hasn't rained or if there is a fire nearby or what is going on in the world. However, since they stay in one place and don't listen to radio or tv or read newspapers or have a computer or read, very little useful information from my point of view can be shared unless one can empathize with the trees and plants of the forest and what their viewpoint and needs are. So I share what I can and sometimes they call me "Tree Man" because most people they tell me can't or don't communicate with them in this way. And so I experience them as extended family and we all benefit.

So, there are many advantages to being able to experience life full body and holistically. Otherwise, one could be referred to as "Sense challenged".

So, I think as more research is done on this subject more and more people will develop their senses because they realize those senses exist and can be used in an infinite amount of ways. Hopefully, people will use these senses to help not only themselves but all life everywhere in an altruistic way. Because all the time and in the end "What goes around comes around".

No comments: